Fall is here. Let’s make soup.
This soup is easy, healthy, and filling. What’s not to love.
Cooking time: 40 minutes
-1 whole buttercup squash
-3 med-small sweet potatoes (2 large ones)
-1/3 cup (85 grams ) Non fat Greek yogurt
-3~4 cups of vegetable stock (use my recipe to make your own vegetable stock here)
-1~2 teaspoons of cinnamon
-1~2 reaspoons of nutmeg
-dash of salt and pepper
1) peel, cut, and boil the buttercup squash and sweet potatoes. (save the squash seeds!)
2) bring your vegetable stock to a boil and add the boiled buttercup squash and sweet potatoes
3) add 1/3 cup (85 grams) of the Greek yogurt
4) bring to a boil and stir on medium heat for about 10 minutes
5) add your soup (very chunky and watery at this point) to a food processor
6) blend well
7) put back into the pot and add the cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and pepper
8) boil for an additional 10 minutes
This is so easy and the Greek yogurt is a great substitute for any cream. It tastes great and serves about 4 people.
The pumpkin seeds from the squash you can
-dry out over night
-coat with olive oil and cinnamon
-bake in the oven for 20 mins at 320 degrees F
add to the soup!
Happy October Everyone