This Dark Chocolate Breakfast Bar will keep you full all morning!
Easy easy easy. These ingredients can be swapped with almost anything you want. You can add coconut flakes, oats, chia seeds, dried fruits…. and so on.
-2 cups almonds
-2 cups of any granola cereal (I used “Post” Almond flakes granola cereal)
-1 cup sunflower seeds
-1 cup almond flakes
-1 cup pumpkin seeds
-1 cup dried cranberries
-35 grams of dark chocolate (51% cocoa) broken into small pieces
-1/2 cup organic honey
-1/3 cup maple syrup
-2 teaspoons of vanilla
-2 teaspoons of cinnamon
-2 teaspoons of salt (optional)
Again, if you don’t have any of these things on hand you can swap the nut/granola ingredients for whatever you like. I like to try to use whatever I have laying around the kitchen.
1) Put all the nuts and seeds onto a lined cooking sheet and bake for about 15-20 mins at 320 degrees F (160 degrees C).
2) Take out the nuts and seeds. Separate the almonds from the seeds and place the almonds in a ziplock bag. Put all the other seeds into a mixing bowl.
3) Hit the almonds with a spoon…. or any hard object…. until they are broken into halves or thirds. Add to the mixing bowl.
4) Add the cranberries, cereal, and chocolate to the mixing bowl with the seeds and almonds.
5) In a small pot add the honey and maple syrup. Bring to a slight boil over medium heat for five minutes. This will cook out the sugar.
6) During the last minute add the vanilla and salt (optional)
7) Quickly bring to the mixing bowl with all the ingredients and add the honey/maple mix. Stir well.
8) Lay out on a baking sheet lined with wax paper.
9) Smooth out with a spoon so it looks like the picture posted above.
10) Bake again at 320 degrees F (160 degrees C) for 40 minutes.
11) After 40 minutes, take out and let cool for 3~4 hours.